Saturday, February 27, 2010

Our Little Garden


Today K went to the house to figure out the siding and insulation problem we've been having. So, since it was a sunny (and not terribly cold) day, I took the kids over there and we worked on weeding our square foot garden. It was amazing how nice the soil is in that garden. The weeds were SO easy to pull. I'm bummed that I didn't get to do much with my garden last year, but this is a brand new year, so we'll see what happens. Hopefully I'll get an earlier start on planting this year. I think last year I waited until April, and that was maybe a little too late. I don't exactly know what to plant yet, or when to start the seeds, but I'm going to start doing some reading and planning and get it all figured out as soon as possible. I must admit that I'm a newbie and know relatively little about gardening. Thanks to the advice of a friend, I purchased the book All New Square Foot Gardening by Mel Bartholomew. This book is so easy to use and can guide even a complete gardening novice, such as myself, through what seems like an overwhelming task.

No comments:

Post a Comment